Furcadia n' Stuff
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Furcadia n' Stuff

Our new forums are at http://mystichomeswebi.proboards104.com/ for now.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Applications.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Old Fashioned Sparkles
Mega Member
Old Fashioned Sparkles

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-07-08

Applications. Empty
PostSubject: Applications.   Applications. EmptyFri 8 Dec - 3:05

Ok, so I'm reading over an application just now, and to me it was really good. The person had worked here before and done a good job. They are always in the dream and do a good job in helping out. However, they didn't answer a few questions perfectly so therefore they were not recommended. Is it just me or are we being a bit harsh on applications? I mean, I know we have to be tough on them and all, but when it's someone who has worked here previously and did a good job. I just don't understand it. Like maybe try focusing on other things such as dream behavior, attitude, things along those lines. Not just "Your application was awful, I do not recommend." Anyways, these are just my feelings. I just wanted to see if it was just me who felt this way or not.
Back to top Go down
Vagustae
Mystic Staff Member
Vagustae

Number of posts : 116
Located : AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!1
Registration date : 2006-09-02

Applications. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applications.   Applications. EmptyFri 8 Dec - 3:47

Well, I remember this time back when I worked in another BaH. This person posted an application that went through the same thing. When he was hired, he became a rogue and screwed the whole dream up. </story time>

Basically, rogue staff can really mess things up, if you know what I mean. A lot of us don't really want something like that to happen ever again, don't we? Suspect
Back to top Go down
http://vagustae.deviantart.com
Old Fashioned Sparkles
Mega Member
Old Fashioned Sparkles

Number of posts : 105
Registration date : 2006-07-08

Applications. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applications.   Applications. EmptyFri 8 Dec - 3:58

I wasn't talking about someone being a rogue staff though. I mean I know that's a possibility for anyone applying. I'm just talking about how we look at just the application and not dream behavior or stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Albel
The Competition is ON!
The Competition is ON!

Number of posts : 517
Registration date : 2006-03-21

Applications. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applications.   Applications. EmptyFri 8 Dec - 6:24

Oh, I totally agree, hence why I've been hiring despite bad reqs.
Back to top Go down
Mistake
Mystic Staff Member
Mistake

Number of posts : 629
Located : space
Registration date : 2006-05-22

Applications. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applications.   Applications. EmptyFri 8 Dec - 15:39

I agree. I said before, I think we should lighten up on the applications and look more that the person who's behind it, rather than at their answers. And as Tai says, we should look at their ability to learn.
Back to top Go down
Woltar
The Competition is ON!
The Competition is ON!
Woltar

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2006-05-23

Applications. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applications.   Applications. EmptyFri 8 Dec - 22:14

What we're looking for in applicants isn't necessarily that their answers are perfect, but rather that they're able and willing to learn.

Some people with horrendous applications we can safely assume wouldn't be able to. Other people with mediocre answers... maybe not. In some cases, people just don't know enough about staff commands to be able to answer correctly... Does that mean they couldn't learn and correct themselves?
Back to top Go down
http://james.starlit-night.net
Sponsored content

Applications. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Applications.   Applications. Empty

Back to top Go down

Applications.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Furcadia n' Stuff :: Furcadia n' Stuff :: General Discussion-
Jump to: